Regions

Construction begins on $60 million housing complex at former University Plaza

0
Construction of the newest student living complex adjacent to the Georgia Southern University’s campus is underway at the former University Plaza, across from Dingus MaGee’s and Centennial Place.

Operator mys launches new eco-conscious brand

0
PBSA operator mys has unveiled its new environmentally conscious brand and website, marking a significant milestone in the company’s commitment to ESG. The new branding puts mys’ core values of Community, Activism, Freedom, and Ambition at the heart of the brand.

Multiplex to Build Brookfield’s Aussie Student Digs Debut

0
Brookfield has anointed global contractor Multiplex to build the Canadian-based multinational’s first Australian student housing project. The project, a joint venture with Citiplan and Journal Student Living, is slated for Carlton, opposite the University of Melbourne’s Parkville campus.

Plans submitted for further student accommodation scheme at The Island Quarter, Nottingham

0
The Conygar Investment Company has submitted a detailed application for the next phase of development at The Island Quarter, Nottingham. The application comprises a 383-bed student accommodation scheme.
black laptop computer

‘Pod’ rooms proposed to alleviate UK student housing pressures

0
A new lower-cost purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA) model, which would include smaller "pod-type" rooms of just 10 square metres (including an en-suite), could help...

Texas State buys $151M apartments to combat housing shortage

0
Texas State University students will soon have a new place to call home after the university purchased $151 million in apartment complexes. The downtown San Marcos apartments were purchased as a way to alleviate housing availability issues.

Florida A&M signs $97.5M loan for 700-bed student housing project

0
Florida A&M’s 700-bed student housing project is continuing to move forward. The university announced on Tuesday they signed a $97.5 million 30-year federal loan to assist with financing the housing project, which was approved in November.

Balfour Beatty revives DBFO for Sussex students

0
Balfour Beatty has started construction of the West Slope Residences, a new student accommodation project, for the University of Sussex, having achieved financial close in December 2023. Balfour Beatty Investments will invest equity of £32m, representing 81% of the £39.5m project equity, with the University of Sussex acting as a co-investor providing the remaining 19%.

Greystar to Redevelop Student Housing Near UW

0
Greystar was selected, along with the development firm’s nonprofit partner, Provident Resources Group, by the University of Washington’s Board of Regents to lease four University-owned student housing properties.

Dundee student accommodation plans approved despite raft of objections

0
Plans for more student accommodation in Dundee have been approved by councillors despite a raft of objections. The proposal for a five-storey building of 98 studio apartments on Douglas Street was unanimously backed by councillors at a planning committee meeting on Monday.
- Advertisement -

Subscribe to news alerts